2 October 2017

Moonstone

Sooo I may have slightly jumped onto a bandwagon. I've seen the Moonstone EPP stuff floating around for a while. I liked that it was a bit different but not enough to join in. However, as is so often the case, it just took on Instagram photo and that was it, I was in. It was some work in progress shots by nightquilter. I've been wanting to do something rainbowy using really saturated colours for a while.



However, I hadn't been able to find a pattern that really jumped out at me. In addition, I didn't have a very good variety of saturated colours. And those that I did have tended to be very limited in the designs on the fabric (lots of dots for some reason). This is where another event added to the confluence. I was checking Instagram late one night and saw that Alison Glass was doing a one week sale which included colour themed bundles of her back catalogue. I'd been eyeing her stuff off for a couple of weeks and it seemed like the stars had aligned. So I jumped in and ordered one of the full colour sets (the sale involved sets being offered for one day only, with each day being one/two colours). Part of what attracted me was that the sets included a variety of not just current fabric lines, but back catalogue designs as well. I liked the variety this would offer.

It also happened that the big annual craft fair was on that week. So I went to try and find some more Alison Glass fabric. And we all know when you go shopping for something specific, you never seem to be able to find it!! But the shopping gods were on my side, despite it being the crappiest show for years, there was a vendor there basically just selling AG fabric in 30cm WOF pieces. I bought quite a bit. The only issue is there wasn't any yellow or orange. So I might have to go looking for some of that.


0 comments: